Monday, July 4, 2011

NIMBY

The Vandals have this song that I am constantly thinking of while searching for a new home. Not In My Back Yard. The song is about denying G E Smith (of SNL fame) admittance to their community. For me, it represents the nuclear reactor on the outskirts of town. Now that I think about it, G E Smith was probably meant to represent General Electric because the Vandals can't write a song with a straight face. And that's a good thing.



I really believe nuclear energy can be safe. So what's the concern about? It probably parallels the common apprehension of flying. The fear doesn't make logical sense because flying is statistically safer than driving. But on the other hand if anything did go wrong, the whole lot of passengers would be royally F'ed.

So there is a slight chance we will have an "incident". But there's also a chance Violet's turtles will show an interest in ninjutsu when they reach their tweens.


"We caught him when he couldn't play the lead from Tattooed Love Boys."

No comments:

Post a Comment