Monday, August 27, 2012

Lydia's Two Week Checkup

Lydia had her two week checkup today. I can't believe she's already two weeks old. Strangely, I also cannot believe she's only two weeks old.

The checkup went fantastic. We first got her measurements, 9lb 3oz and 21.75" tall. In just 10 days she has gained one whole pound and grown over an inch! This is awesome news and we are so proud and happy.  But this was not Lydia's only accomplishment of the day. Shortly after, when the doctor momentarily left the room, her cord fell off! I'm glad it happened at the office because there was a bit of blood.
The doctor said it looks perfectly normal and it we can finally give her her first big girl bath. Milestones!

Violet: What is she doing to my little sister?
...
Ew! 

Violet is such a great big sister. When she first met Lydia, she was distracted bc the hospital was a new place for her, she was super exhausted and she was also distracted by her new toy(s) - a new baby doll and stroller from her new little sis. The next evening when we were all home, she ignored Lydia and mom at first but warmed up soon enough!
She has her moments. She has been faking injuries and asking for ice packs for the affected areas. "Ow! Toe! "Ow! Nose!" but once she dabs them with a cool pack, everything is better!
Sometimes when Lydia cries, Violet puts her hands over her ears and yells. (Think Pee Wee yelling, "I'm TRYING to use the PHONE!") We can't help but laugh bc it's hilarious, which then makes Violet laugh so it's all good.
Mostly, she is affectionate and sweet with Lydia. She likes to rub her cheek on hers and coo. She points out her body parts and calls her Baby and Lee Dee Ahh. She tries to scare her with her 'roaring' and make her laugh with her 'teekle-ing.' It melts our hearts and even though we don't want to wish away these priceless early days and first moments, we also can't wait to watch our girls grow up together.


Patiently waiting her "turn" 




Cloned!


Little girls can be are superheroes, too! 

And here's a little something I put together when Lydia was 5 days old...


<3




1 comment:

  1. I'm dying at the Pee Wee "I'm trying to use the phone!" reference. I can totally envision that! They are both just precious. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete