Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Violet's second birthday was so much fun, as we mentioned in our last post. We were able to spend the day with close friends and family, while watching our sweet little girl have a blast. Unfortunately, my grandmother was not able to make it to the party. The day after, we visited and brought her a slice of birthday cake. We sat, talked, laughed, sang. Violet danced around, entertaining her as always. Gram held Lydia for the first time and I took a few pictures to capture the moment. It breaks my heart to say this, but it was the last photo that would be taken of my sweet grandmother. And the last time we would see her. She passed peacefully on October 5th. My mother said that my gram wanted to call Violet on her birthday to sing to her, but it wasn't possible that day. I have been crying off and on since, but I am happy that our last memory was a cheerful one. She was truly an amazing woman and if I could be half the mother, friend, sister, daughter - person - she was, I will be content. I miss her so, so much. I am so glad that she was able to have two years with Violet and meet Lydia and hold her. She lived a long, successful and happy life. I have never seen that woman cry and I never heard her complain or speak ill of anyone.She was always so sweet and funny. One of the last things she told me was that I have a beautiful family and that I am a wonderful mother. Coming from her, it meant everything. <3

I don't want this to be a sad, depressing post, so here are some pictures from Violet's birthday, too.









No comments:

Post a Comment