Sunday, September 26, 2010

Distance is only relative and temporary

I found a mix CD Lea made for me that I want to share.  This is not the first CD, but it is just as special.  Set your DeLoreans to 2001.  We had just gotten together over a month ago but we'd spent the whole summer together.  We stood on the highest mezzanine and watched the HarperCollins peons attempt to fit 10 lbs worth of Harry Potter books into a 5 lb box.  We hunted down Assateague ponies before they had a chance to become magical Assateague unicorns.  Now summer was over and I had to return to my studies in Philadelphia.  Lea made this CD and note for me, assuring me that everything would work out and that distance is only relative and temporary.  Now back to the future, you know she was right!    <4



4 Mike [September 2001]


1. Chantal Kreviazuk -> leaving on a jet plane
2. Oasis -> don't go away
3. Incubus -> miss you
4. The Beatles -> things we said today
5. Dashboard Confessional -> age six racer
6. The Get Up Kids -> Michelle with one 'L'
7. The June Spirit -> subject to change
8. Incubus -> I wish you were here
9. Reggie & the Full Effect -> thanks for staying
10. Poe -> fly away
11. DMB -> crush
12. Incubus ->stellar
13. Mazzy Star -> fade into you
14. DMB -> crash into me
15. Lifehouse -> hanging by a moment
16. The Get Up Kids -> I'll catch you
17. Sunny Day Real Estate -> ocean
18. DMB -> lover lay down

1 comment:

  1. <3 This list is slightly embarrassing, but I love the memories attached to it!

    ReplyDelete