Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Hurstober

Happy Hurstober

So, life is great and I am quite a lucky woman! As you have read, Miss Violet Henson Hurst has arrived, safe and sound, and we could not be happier! Here it is, one week and one day later and we are all alive and well. Everyone keeps asking us how we are sleeping. We are sleeping quite soundly, since coming home from the hospital. (The beds there were quite uncomfortable and the healing process is never a walk in the park, but my daughter is here now, so I ought not to complain!) Mike is such an amazing father, as I always knew he would be. In fact, he is in the other room reading Violet a story right now. (Winnie the Pooh, which he just exclaimed, "...is insane!" Maybe he's on the acid trip elephants part???)
Aunt ChiChi (my best friend, Cherie) paid us a visit this evening. It warms my heart, as cheesy as that may sound, knowing I have such loving and caring friends being a part of my daughter's life. It's been a stormy, long day and we are relaxing with some hot tea, some trail mix we just made and anticipating tomorrow's visit to see Great Grandma Archer. Poppa and Nana Hurst are coming over for a visit, too! Uncle Thom will be here for a night of television, baby-staring and nachos. (This boy has seriously done so much for us, including our grocery shopping and cooking - I really could not ask for a better helper! He is always there for us and has kept me company through the last 10 months and always, really, but I would be lost without my brother.) <3
Mike has joined me in living gluten freely. I must follow diet restrictions due to CD and he pretty much was on this diet already, but since Violet's birth, I have been keeping it super strict (which can be difficult) and recording everything in a food diary. The lovely dietitian at the hospital has been such an amazing help. (She even sent me a chart to convert wheat to potato/rice flour!) I know not everyone may be familiar with CD or its complications and side effects, but just know this - making a big deal over different flours can be a life saver! Truly! Also, since he has made the switch, I am finally having less symptoms. (Even walking into a regular, non-GF bakery can set me off into a whirlwind of sickness...weird, huh?) I wouldn't be walking into one of those anyway, but just sayin'! Uncle Thom even made us homemade GF macaroni and cheese last night! Mmmm comfort foods minus all of that "bad" (kinda!)





This month seems to be flying already. With Violet's arrival, Mike's birthday, our 5th wedding anniversary, my upcoming birthday and Halloween...phew! We are already quite the busy trio!
Again, I am not as creative as my sweetheart/better half and only have a few moments to pop in and update, but I thought people might like to know how we're doing. (Or at least I hope they would!) :P I would get more into the whole feeding, changing and drooling of it all but will spare you the adorable "poopy story" details...for now!
Back to listening to this monster of a storm, tales of Pooh and baby coos. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment