Sunday, October 24, 2010

'Sup penguin? 'Sup seahorse? 'Sup polka dots?


Violet is 3 weeks old today and she is living the life.  Her schedule is filled with eating and sleeping mostly, although she does find time to turn new bodily fluids into projectiles. My proudest fatherly moment thus far has been catching her first projectile vomit all over my chest. My father, V's Poppa, got to hold her during her first diaper blow-out. Lucky guy. I can't wait ‘til these events turn more...sophisticated. For now, these are the types of milestones I look forward to and I'm loving every second of it. Besides, who says I'm not going to catch another batch of vomit when she's a teenager?


Violet currently enjoys ninja moves, eating, looking at new shapes and sleeping. When she sleeps, her posse rolls 4 deep. She's got her UDP (pronounced 'YouDaPee') watching her back. Her seahorse lays down phat beats (and bubbly sounds!) and her polka dots just hang out, with the sole purpose of being awesome. Imagine seeing polka dots for the first time! You were probably amazed, too. When she wakes up, it's either time to eat or practice ninja moves. Her signature is the deadly double karate chop.  There is little warning before it strikes, and it can slice through human bone.

3 comments:

  1. I love the karate chop move they do at this age...so far I've gotten it to the face and boobs...usually to the boobs. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you suggested the seahorse to me. Well, Em loves it! Thanks so much! Violet is too damn cute, I can't take it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby karate chops are the best!

    And Max, no problem! And thank you! We're pretty partial! And I love the pictures of Emerson! <3 She is such a pretty little girl!

    ReplyDelete