Sunday, January 9, 2011

little lady, BIG piano

As a pre-Christmas gift we got a BIG piano mat for Violet. We thought it would brighten up her tummy time adventures. Plus we are HUGE fans of introducing music in as many ways possible. Violet has tons of fun on the piano. She was a bit slow to pick it up (a literal 1-note show -or- 2 notes away from rivaling Green Day). However her determination and keen ear for classical piano has made strides of improvement to her technique. Below I am posting some video I shot on Violet's first day with the piano.



Yes, I know, she is lagging on the crescendos slightly. But not bad for a kid. These nights Violets will play some accompaniment while her Dad belts out a Billy Joel tune. Sometimes she'll play a trick and do a key change during the bridge. We have a laugh.

See you at the coda.
<4

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness that eye sore of a dresser is gone now...how embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! Although Erik Satie's Gymnopedies would be easier than Beethoven!

    ReplyDelete