Violet is six weeks old and the smiles are pouring in. She started smiling almost two weeks ago, but there are two events unique to this week.
Part I: The First Event
-or-
Excuse me but I couldn't help but notice your impressive facial contortions
Friday (11/12) was a fun and busy day. Lea, Violet, and I started it off by organizing a short road trip, then cancelled it to relax at home and prepare for the photographer. Tom B arrived in the early evening to shoot V's first professional photos. We had a good time hanging out, playing with Violet, and previewing the pictures (which we are in love with). As I held V later that evening, I gave her a big smile and she smiled back. This sent me through the roof. There is a connection. It has existed since before she was born, but never as clearly. It's the first time I felt that she could see me.
Part II: The Second Event
-or-
This is the first event of the rest of the events
We actually captured some smiles onto video this week. Let me clarify, Lea captured the smiles as I contributed the background snores. If you ask me, the snores bring an exciting realism to the spacial substructure of the piece. They really tie the video together. Allow me to share...
This was shot with our Canon PowerShot and mashed together with Windows Movie Maker. I'm excited to see what I can create with some new toys, a D-SLR and a video editing suite (Pinnacle was the last one I used).
<4
Bwahahaha! I love those V smiles! I never have the camera ready...! Boo. Maybe I need to just curl up with A on the bed or couch, and go from there. I always stuff to do, though! lol
ReplyDeleteThanks! The quality here is pretty bad bc it was extremely dark in the room. We just got done with tummy time and we were listening to Pandora on my cell phone. (It was in the wee hours of the morning.)
ReplyDeleteAnd I would love to see an A video. I want to hear his "oui" sounds!!!