Friday, November 26, 2010

Violet's First Thanksgiving

Ahhh the great bird day, where Lea and I get to live a little like Violet by stuffing our faces, napping, then heading back for leftovers. Violet had a blast. She got a kick out of seeing pilgrims and couldn't get over the 'weediculous' (her words) idea of wearing your belt on your hat.


Violet started off the day lounging and being cute. I walked in on Lea explaining what a turkey was. Quickly, I interrupted the lesson. My kid has to hit the ground running, so I skipped the turkey talk and jumped right into explaining the turducken.

Enough napping in this house, let's go nap at GiGi's house. Violet slept through our Thanksgiving feast (she would have to wait a few hours for it to show up in Momma's milk). Of course there was turkey, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and slaw, in addition to the debut of Lea's GF apple sausage stuffing. All AWESOME. To put a Frable appropriate cap on the dinner, Lea pulled out her 'Fire Marshall Bill' face and didn't stop till Uncle Thom did a spit-take, then vomm'd in his mouth. Time for Violet to continue napping through the day, this time by the auxiliary Christmas tree.


After all this excitement we headed back home for some quality time. Violet tasted some turkey. We watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special. Now, on the eve of Black Friday, we can all relax. For the time, Violet's precious mind is invincible to the evil grasp of advertising. On future Black Fridays I'm sure I'll be planning covert ops to retrieve the latest tickle-me-furby or silly-hamsters or cabbage-patch-elmo.



<4

No comments:

Post a Comment