Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Champion

Without wholly intending to, I joined the masses in this retail mania. Good thing I did because I ended up receiving the 'Most Winning-est Consumer' award for my efforts. There wasn't any super-sale I was chasing, just a few good buys and a well placed acid reflux attack to rip me out of bed in the early morning.

It started in flames.
I have frequent discomfort from acid reflux, but this was a full-on attack. It felt like a dozen lava monsters were trying to climb out of my throat. But like lobsters in a bucket, any time one got close to escaping it was dragged down by other lava monsters, clawing my esophagus the whole way. Once I semi-recovered and cleared my head I hit the bricks.

Onward to Target.
Got a nice $70 deal on a 2 TB hard drive. I figure with our new D-SLR, 14 MP pictures and 1080p video will eat up space fast. I'm always on the lookout for bargain storage and backups, backups backups!

I got my eye on you Gamestop.
I visited the store for some $15 PS3 games. It was obvious they were being paid to hype XBox Kinect. And they did it passively. The employees chattered about how much they wanted one in between register transactions and in a grand show the manager took the floor to announce the going rate on ebay. The funny thing was, they claimed to be sold-out. I know Target and another Gamestop less than 1 mile away had piles of Kinects 6-foot high. So what's your game Store #4913?

And onto Kohl's.
I finished the morning with a trip to Kohl's for a nice winter jacket for Momma. Then without further delay I was headed back home, with deals in hand and only a slight echo of the lava monsters ringing in my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment