Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Su-su-sudio!!!

Okay, so I feel that I have to explain the whole Phil Collins thing. At the end of the video Mike posted in the previous blog entry, there's a clip from the song, "Sussudio." That was not just for your entertainment, people. We say this everytime our child sneezes. Yup. You heard it right. Instead of saying "God Bless You" this is what we say. We are not religious, so we don't want to kid ourselves here. (Or kid our kid.) We sometimes say "gesundheit" which is German for "good health." Mike found this all pretty ridiculous and started saying "sussudio" instead. It is just as ridiculous! So that is what we are going with. I don't care to get into a religious debate here, so I am leaving it at that.

Other random fun things :

*We update Violet's picture album as often as we can. So if you look to the left, you can click on her album and see new pictures fairly often.
New, higher quality pictures and video are on the way! (Last video was taken in the dark and I didn't even fix my camera settings accordingly...she was smiling! I was in a hurry!)
I know that she will be smiling more often and giggling and cooing, but I am a first-timer here and every first moment counts!

*We listen to super cool music. If you want to hear some random picks of ours, go crazy! (Also on side of page) We did not choose the option to have a song automatically start up when you come to our page. We find it slightly startling and forceful. Okay that last line was a bit harsh. We are actually just easily startled by LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right now, Violet's two favorite songs are the Hokey Pokey and Winter Wonderland (as sung by the Eurythmics...oh that Annie Lennox!)


*Mike says some pretty weirdo things to her, by the way. This will not come as a surprise to many, but I thought I would share just a few of them here:

-Dear Santa, please give me stripes for Christmas. No, not the Bill Murray movie Stripes, but the actual pattern. Ten feet tall, please.

-Listen Violet, sometimes the "k" at the beginning of a word is silent. DON'T ASK ME WHY! JUST DO IT!!! (The part in caps was totally said in a typical Brooklyn accent, by the way)

-We need to go to Old Country Buffet for the Early Bird special and wear large jackets so we can stuff them with chicken fingers that we can take home to eat later. We need to get a goat whose milk is honey mustard. Did you know that honey mustard is just honey and mustard?

-Watch the head, kid! You'd think you were at an Iron Maiden show!

-I think your diaper needs a therapist.

Again, these are just the few that I can remember (I have to write them down.) It's just weird, funny but cute things I just happen to overhear him talking to her about.

Enough random for now. I shall leave you with the sneeze song.

No comments:

Post a Comment