We have her on a very delayed vaccination schedule and her one shot in her leg did not phase her at all. She didn't even flinch. Not only am I shocked by this, but I am very proud of my tough little lady! The stats: 11 lbs and 23 in long. How about them apples?! We spoke about baby-led weaning, too. That won't start until she is 6 months old anyway. For those not in the know, this has to do with consuming solids and I will still be BFing.
Hanging out with Daddy, happy as can be at her appt.!
I really thought the questions and unsolicited advice would stop once she was born, since it seemed neverending while I was pregnant, but I was dead wrong! Here's the big one - "How is she sleeping?" - that I will now answer: On her back, with her eyes closed. ::blinkblink::
(P.S. on the whole sleeping deal - V laughs, coos, babbles & smiles in her sleep a lot!)
By the way, we have been cloth diapering and it is much easier than I had originally anticipated. Such a relief. So we are saving money and the environment, all while V is sitting pretty in her cute little FuzziBunz, SwaddleBees EcoNappis, etc. Love it!
I guess I am becoming a crunchy granola mama! Breastfeeding, babywearing (yep, we have a sling, an organic Ergo and a Moby!) cloth diapering mama...then hopefully baby-led weaning as I've stated earlier. Maybe I should get her an amber teething necklace and call it a day (or do an at-home water birth for future baby Hursts!) Okay so maybe not? But I have been reading up on infant potty training. Who knows? We may try that, too?
On another note, Santa is visiting our neighborhood on a train tomorrow, so we are going to try to take a few snapshots and we really hope that it snows. There is snow on the ground in our backyard right now. Just a light dusting, but still, it is snow! This weekend or next, we also plan on putting up Violet's first Christmas tree, while watching some claymation holiday specials and sipping on hot cocoa. (Loaded with marshmallows, of course!)
P.S. Still figuring out and breaking in the new camera, so a lot of the photos and all of the videos are still from my oldie (but goodie.) We're getting there, folks! :)
This is what Violet & Daddy look like when they watch The Walking Dead. Mike is somehow immune, but Violet, apparently, was fresh zombie meat!
You guys crack me up. I love that papoose.
ReplyDeleteYou're definitely a AP crunchy granola mom.
Thanks! I take pride in it now! And you're right - AP...forgot to mention that! :P
ReplyDeleteso cute! i love your blog Lea- it seems very "you" :) Do you have a specific plan that you are following with your delayed schedule vaccinations? I keep going back and forth with myself about it. And I was totally normal before I had kids too and now look at me! haha! we can babywear with the best of them :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Amy! I love your blog, too! The area you live in looks so pretty, by the way and your children are just so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWe are following Dr. Sears' delayed vaccination schedule, after discussing it with V's pediatrician.
Yeah, what was normal before anyway? ;)
omg. I love Violet's new 2-month photos. What a cutie!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Stephanie!
ReplyDelete