The tree is up. It's trimmed, lit and decorated. Cookies are being baked (gingerbread men and of course I am making fudge bc Michelle's recipe rocks!) and the choo choo is choo choo-ing and wee baby Violet is coo coo-ing. Okay, so she is not so wee anymore, but you get the idea. Violet's first Christmas is nearly here and even though she may not realize what is going on and even though she will definitely not remember this, we still would like to make it special for her (and for us!) Yes, we get giddy about the big red dude, too. We love the sounds, smells and feel of the holiday season and it just tugs at our heart strings that we can now share and experience it all, finally, with a beautiful baby of our own.
(As always, more pictures have been added to our albums, so check them out if you want to see more of Violet and her cuteness!)
Santa and Mrs. Claus came to town in their shiny sleigh, accompanied by ambulances, a fire truck and the kind volunteers from the local hose company. They brought candy and even stopped in to visit little Violet in our home. They really liked our tree and said that it reminded them of "old times." They said that they were amazed how alert and intelligent V seemed for her age (our pediatrician says the same thing) and how well behaved, calm and pleasant she was. I am so proud of her! And if she is anything like her father, she will be quite the little genius. (hee hee!) I sent the Claus couple off with a tin filled with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven to keep them all toasty for the rest of their stops. (We were their first home.) Enough bragging!
(still using the Canon & Flip 'til Mike builds the ultimate super computer...aka one that can handle the Nikon's awesomeness!)
And now for something completely different...
I know that in previous posts, Mike and I have touched (he attempted to be gangsta about it) on cloth diapering. I have some pictures I should have posted before, from my cell phone, of Violet sporting her cute fluffy butt. (Moms who CD tend to call it 'fluffy butt.' Not only do I find this cute and funny, but I am calling it that now, too!) Cloth diapering is coming along quite smoothly. Her onesies even fit over them, for the most part! When they don't, we dress her in a top, her CDs and a pair of BabyLegs. I am becoming addicted to cloth diapers and baby leg warmers. It's adorable and I cannot help myself!


We don't just use Fuzzibunz (we use Swaddlebees-EcoNappis and GoGreenPocketDiapers) but I just so happened to snap a cell pic when I received this fluffy mail :)
Ummm I got the baby legs off babysteals and yes, I'm obsessed! Violet is sooo frickin' caaaaa-uuute! Love the cloth diaper, soooo adorable I'm thinking of getting a few! And I totally asked for the flip phone for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Max! :)
ReplyDeleteI got those BabyLegs from BabySteals, too. It is getting a little crazy over here, though. I have over 20 pairs now. Oops!?
The cloth diapers are pretty cute, too. I will have to check out this Flip phone, though. Never heard of it!
Thanks for posting this link! I appreciate you two not wanting to put everything about the wee one on FB, but I love your blog. Sometimes it takes more than a status update to say everything you want to say anyway.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see that your fam is doing well. She's so dang cute, and I love the yellow ceiling in the nursery!
aww, I liked the gangsta cloth diaper thing :P I actually used cloth diapers with Chase but gave it up for some reason. Now I feel like I'd never be able to keep up with the laundry, I hardly get the stuff done that I need to, it's insane how much laundry 5 people make! I always thought they looked so cute though. do you have a diaper sprayer or do you just wash them "as is"?
ReplyDeleteLove me some fluffy butt pics!!
ReplyDeleteAmy S - First of all thank you and secondly, how do I "follow" your blog?! I love it and I love your house!!! Mike painted that ceiling. He is very proud. :)
ReplyDeleteAmy - I would like to continue with the CDing, but if and when #2 comes along, we shall see how hectic it is.
So far, so good.
Thanks, Jenna! <3
Oh my goodness, could she be any cuter? :)
ReplyDelete